Keystroke for Hiding Doesn't Work

leahsilber

14 Sep, 2010 09:49 PM

Anyone else having this issue? The keystroke Apple + H doesn't actually hide the application, despite it being listed as the proper shortcut in the menu...

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by trevor on 15 Sep, 2010 02:37 AM

Hi Leah,

I've seen one other person complain about it but I don't really know what the problem would be - Propane is just using the standard keyboard shortcut.

Is it possible you've remapped the shortcut via system preferences (keyboard)? Or that you've got an app installed (system tray) that uses command-h?

Those are the only two things I can think of at this point...

Trev

2. 2 Posted by leahsilber on 15 Sep, 2010 04:46 AM

Nope -- no remapped keyboard, no shortcut. I'm assuming it's an edgecase bug, I suppose. Will keep an eye out to see if anyone else reports similar problems in the future and pray for a fix :)

3. 3 Posted by Jason Weathered on 07 Nov, 2010 09:14 PM

I'm having the same problem here. The following steps reliably reproduce the issue for me:

1. From the lobby click on a room.
    2. Press Cmd-H to hide the app. (This works).
    3. Click the Dock icon for Propane
    4. Press Cmd-H to hide the app again. (This doesn't work).

At this point no keystrokes appear to work, be that Cmd-H, Cmd-W, Cmd-Q or even letters. Clicking on any interactive control within the window will make keys work again. Based on my limited Cocoa experience I'd guess there was no First Responder.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by trevor on 08 Nov, 2010 05:03 PM

Hi Jason,

you're correct that this is a first-responder issue. When the chat starts up, the campfire javascript steals input focus and messes up my responder chain.

Propane's chat window is supposed to work around that problem by catching errant keystrokes and posting them to the 'speak' field but it seems that gets torn down when you hide the window.

Now that I've got a reproducible test case (thanks) I can put an additional workaround in place.

Regards, Trev

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac