Only one room reconnects

Jeff Boulter

22 Sep, 2010 10:59 PM

If I have two tabs for two rooms open, when reconnect (automatically), only the foremost tab reconnects. The other stays waiting to reconnect. I have to close the room tab and rejoin the room from the lobby.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by trevor on 23 Sep, 2010 06:39 AM

Hey Jeff,

Do you mean reconnect when Propane launches or is this after waking the computer from sleep mode (or after a lengthy network outage, which behaves similar to wake-from-sleep)?

Also, are the two rooms for the same host? If it's different hosts they will have different schedules for trying to reconnect (with as much as 60 seconds of drift between hosts).

A follow-on question to that would be, have you waited at least 60 seconds before giving up on the "waiting" tab?

One way to see what might be happening is to switch to the 'waiting' tab, hit command-o to open the Lobby window. Once the lobby is visible and active, hit command-r to refresh the lobby listing.

The title bar in the lobby will briefly show a status message that it's loading rooms and once that's finished, any of the host's 'waiting' rooms should try to connect.

If the "waiting" room reconnects then it should just be a matter of waiting long enough for the timer to fire and reconnect.

Can you try that out and let me know the results (as well as answers to the above questions)?

Regards, Trev

2. 2 Posted by Jeff Boulter on 23 Sep, 2010 02:00 PM

Reconnect after waking from sleep. They are for the same host.

Even after switching to the waiting tab, it stays stuck on Connection. It seems to try every once in a while to connect, but the goes back to connecting. Meanwhile, my other tab is happily reconnected.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac