Does not display messages from the user posted by other means

Danny Greg

22 Dec, 2010 05:16 PM

If I post a message from my account from say the Campfire iPhone app, when I get back to my mac Propane doesn't display them. Relaunching the app fixes the issue, which is a bit of a pain.

This can be a big problem when reading back through a transcript you were half paying attention to on your phone as everything is completely out of context without your own messages.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by trevor on 22 Dec, 2010 10:25 PM

Hi Danny,

The short answer is: it's not my fault!!!!

The long answer is: I'm working on improving the situation...

Propane was written before there was a proper Campfire API so it uses the polling interface to check the server for new messages. That interface never tells me about messages sent by the current user.

As you've found, the only way the server will tell me about those messages is if I completely reload the room. By the way, you don't need to quit/restart - you can right-click on any non-text location in the current chat's transcript and select 'Reload'. Still not ideal, I admit.

Once Propane has been updated to use the Campfire API I'll have access to all incoming messages, even for the current user. That release is still too far away for me to give reasonable promises of an availability date.

Sorry I don't have anything better than "Yeah, I know. It'll be fixed sometime before Duke Nukem Forever is released".

Trev

2. 2 Posted by Danny Greg on 22 Dec, 2010 10:45 PM

Ah so some point in 2011 then ;).

I find Propane a very useful tool so let me know if there is anything I can do to help, I may even be able to squeeze in a few development hours as I've been wanting to hack on the Campfire API for a while…

3. trevor closed this discussion on 28 Aug, 2013 08:09 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac