Clicking images within Propane

Aaron LaBerge

04 Jan, 2011 04:40 PM

Every time I click an image that has been posted to a room it takes me to the login prompt for Campfire. I login in. Click the link again, and it takes me back to the login prompt again. I'm never able to view the image without going to campfire in the browser.

This has been happening for several months. I know, that at some point, clicking images just popped them up in their own window.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by trevor on 04 Jan, 2011 05:07 PM

Hi Aaron,

that sounds pretty strange.

Just to be clear: the issue isn't related to uploaded files, it's related to image URLs that are spoken into the room?

When you say that it takes you to the login prompt - do you mean Propane asks you to login again (the small dialog window with Propane's icon on the left hand side) or do you mean that a web browser opens up and asks you to login?

In Propane, are these images being displayed properly in the chat transcript or are they a little broken-link icon? If it's a little broken-link icon, can you right-click on the icon and select "Copy URL" and paste the URL back here?

Thanks, Trev

2. 2 Posted by Aaron on 04 Jan, 2011 05:12 PM

The issue is actually with images that are dragged into Propane (uploaded) - not image URLS. Clicking an image URL just loads it in a separate window as expected.

When it asks me to login it opens a browser and takes me to the campfire login for our room.

The images are displayed properly in our room.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by trevor on 04 Jan, 2011 05:27 PM

Okay, so that means the image appears in the "Latest Documents" list in the sidebar correct?

If you click on the document name in "Latest Documents" does it do the same thing (open a browser, asking you to login)?

If you right-click on the image in the transcript, the popup menu should contain "Copy Document URL". If the popup menu contains "Copy URL" then it's not being recognized as an upload.

Can you let me know whether it said "Copy Document URL" vs "Copy URL" and, in either case, paste the URL back here please?

Thanks, Trev

4. 4 Posted by Scott Jangro on 15 Feb, 2011 04:27 AM

I see this discussion sort of died off, but the exact same thing has been happening to me for months as well. Very infrequently it works ok, but usually, when I click on an image (or a view Paste link) I get taken to the same annoying Campfire login in a browser.

To answer your questions that you asked Aaron...

if I click the document that appears in Latest Documents, it does open in a lightbox window. (I never noticed this before, but I'm at least glad to have this workaround)

Right-clicking on the image does say "Copy Document URL"

Here's what my document URL looks like:

https://mechme-bc.campfirenow.com/room/212129/uploads/1795072/The%2...

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by trevor on 15 Feb, 2011 06:37 PM

AHA!

mechmeme-bc is the name of the 'fake' campfire host for use with basecamp integration. This is almost certainly the cause of the problem.

If you select "Lobby -> Open Lobby Window" from Propane's menu, does it show "mechmeme-bc" in the list of Campfire hosts or does it list just "mechmeme"?

Regards, Trev

6. 6 Posted by Scott Jangro on 16 Feb, 2011 01:00 PM

AHA!

whoa, you scared me!

If you select "Lobby -> Open Lobby Window" from Propane's menu, does it show "mechmeme-bc" in the list of Campfire hosts or does it list just "mechmeme"?

Yes, and I changed it to the newer non-fake name and it seems to be working better. It was sporadic before, so I'm not claiming victory just yet, but I am hopeful.

Thanks.

7. trevor closed this discussion on 18 Jan, 2013 04:28 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac