Badge count increments for ignored users

Jason Weathered

13 Feb, 2011 11:43 PM

I have a couple of bots in our Campfire ignored with the "Ignore Alerts for User" context menu. This does not appear to be working in at least 1.1.0.03c3209. When one of these bots sends a message the unread counter (dock badge) increments regardless.

p.s. It would be nice if there was a UI for managing ignored users. I always forget about the context menu.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by trevor on 14 Feb, 2011 07:47 AM

Hi Jason,

It's behaving as intended. When people first asked for that feature they just wanted to turn off any alerts for that user - the unread counter was still supposed to reflect that fact that there were unread messages in the room.

As for having a UI for managing ignored users - duly noted.

Regards, Trev

2. 2 Posted by Jason Weathered on 14 Feb, 2011 07:49 AM

Okay then. I misunderstood what alerts meant.

Can we get an option to prevent the unread count incrementing for certain users?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by trevor on 14 Feb, 2011 08:00 AM

Hrm...

if I look at this harshly, "ignore alerts for user" is a boneheaded idea.

I've already got requests from people saying "can you make it so that I get growl notifications whenever a certain user speaks?" - presumably they like their bots more than you like yours :-)

So taking both sides of that request into account, what's really needed is yet another level of notification preferences. Currently there's the default settings and the per-room settings. It looks like it also needs per-user settings too.

So I'm going to have to say yes, that level of control will come - but it's a bigger feature that will take more time than just cobbling together a new menu item.

Trev

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac