Clicking "view paste" takes me to an external browser

Rebecca Murphey

28 Apr, 2011 10:23 PM

I just found out today that this is non-standard behavior, but when I click on a View Paste link in a room, I am taken to my browser and presented with the Campfire login screen. From here, I have to log in, visit the relevant room, and find the relevant paste. Apparently the expected behavior here is that I'd click on View Paste and see the paste in a new Propane window. This sounds highly desirable :)

I am running Propane 1.1.3 (1.1.3.be0b506) OS 10.6 on a 27" i5 iMac.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by trevor on 29 Apr, 2011 03:37 PM

Hi Rebecca,

if you open the lobby window in Propane (command-o), do any of the names listed under "Campfire Sites" (in the left pane) end with "-bc"? For example "hoover-bc".

Thanks, Trev

2. 2 Posted by Rebecca Murphey on 29 Apr, 2011 03:38 PM

They do!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by trevor on 29 Apr, 2011 03:40 PM

Okay,

that's good (for you, because it's an easy fix) and bad (for me because it means something is squiffy with 37signal's Campfire/Basecamp integration).

If you delete the sites ending with "-bc" (using the '-' button on the bottom of the left pane) and then re-add them without "-bc" then everything will work much more smoothly.

Eg. you would delete "hoover-bc" and add "hoover".

Regards, Trev

4. 4 Posted by Rebecca Murphey on 29 Apr, 2011 03:44 PM

Oh hooray. I can't tell you how glad I was to hear that this was how it was supposed to work, and now it works! Thank you :)

5. trevor closed this discussion on 29 Apr, 2011 03:45 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac