Support for Lion/Safari 5.1

Marco Jardim

22 Jul, 2011 08:13 AM

I'm having issues with Propane on Lion. When I boot the program, I see the room list, but when I select a room, the window disappears.

It was working when I had first installed Lion, but after a couple of reboots it simply stopped working.

I appreciate any help you can provide regarding this issue.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by trevor on 22 Jul, 2011 04:41 PM

Hi Marco,

sorry it's misbehaving. I'm afraid I only have the Lion pre-release installed right now - I'm on the road with a ridiculously slow connection so I can't upgrade until Tuesday.

That said, a few questions:

• were you using Propane on Snow Leopard prior to this?
    • the room listing window is meant to disappear after you select a room (unless you hold down the command key when you click the room). Are you saying that the room listing disappears but the chat doesn't open?
    • If you consult Propane's "window" menu, does it list any windows below the "bring all to front" menu item?

Regards, Trev

2. 2 Posted by Marco Jardim on 22 Jul, 2011 04:45 PM

Hi Trev,

Yes, I was using Propane on Snow Leopard, however, that is a bit irrelevant in my situation because I did a clean installation.
    Yes, that is what happened, the rooms window disappeared but the chat one did not open.
    Yes, I did try that option the "Show all Windows" option by right clicking on the app icon.

I was able to solve the issue temporarily by reinstalling the app, but the same problem has reoccurred a couple of times since then.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by trevor on 22 Jul, 2011 05:00 PM

Hi Marco,

well, the main thing I'm trying to figure out is whether the chat window is simply not there or if it's present, but not onscreen for some reason.

So knowing whether, after clicking a room, any windows are listed below "bring all to front" in Propane's window menu is pretty important.

Trev

4. 4 Posted by Marco Jardim on 22 Jul, 2011 05:04 PM

I think it's not there, because "Show all Windows" (the equivalent of holding down the mouse click on the app icon) shows all of the opened program windows, even if they are on screen or below/above others.

I will try to confirm your doubt the next time the issue occurs.

5. 5 Posted by Ilya Sharin on 25 Jul, 2011 11:01 PM

Hi, Trev
    I can reproduce this situation every time Propane is executed under Lion

after selecting any room window disappears, menu is in such state as on screenshot 1 and there are not active windows anymore.
    Hide/show window dock commands have no effect.

No information in error log or smth, like that,

If you can say what to check further I'll do it with pleasure.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by trevor on 02 Aug, 2011 07:26 AM

Hey guys,

I've been hammering this pretty hard on Lion and try as I might, I can never seem to reproduce this.

Marco, you haven't mentioned that it's happened again - is it stable for you now?

Are either of you using Dropbox or something similar to synchronize your Library, preferences, or application-support folders?

Also, was Propane a startup item for your login?

Grasping at straws, just trying to figure out what the difference is between your setup and mine...

Regards, Trev

7. 7 Posted by Marco Jardim on 02 Aug, 2011 07:43 AM

It's stable for me now, I wasn't able to replicate it again, sorry.

What I did was simply reinstall the app.

8. 8 Posted by Ilya Sharin on 03 Aug, 2011 01:27 AM

Still reproducable. Re-installing app does not help. No sync for preferences using Dropbox or other software.
    Propane is not startup item, each time executed manually after OS already loaded.

There are two variances:
    - I can cee window title in Mission Control but seems window has zero sizes and no thumbnail displayed - There is no any window title even in Mission Control

the all other symptoms are the same

9. 9 Posted by Marco Jardim on 03 Aug, 2011 07:39 AM

Ilya, did you reinstall by also removing the associated files? I used App Cleaner to uninstall it and then installed it as fresh.

10. trevor closed this discussion on 28 Aug, 2013 08:09 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac