3 Finger Swipe in Lion Crashes Propane

mauricio

21 Sep, 2011 08:21 PM

I know a 3 finger swipe wouldn't be supported, it's just that sometimes I am doing a 4 finger swipe (to change spaces) and OS X detects it as a 3 finger swipe. This causes propane to crash if it is the selected application.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by trevor on 22 Sep, 2011 03:55 PM

Hi Mauricio,

is OSX detecting the crash and offering to send a crash report? If so, could you please either upload or paste the crash here so that I can take a look at it?

I'll also need to know what version of Propane (Propane/About) you're using as well as what version of Lion you're using.

I'm currently using a developer seed of Lion and a cutting-edge version of Propane (http://propaneapp.com/appcast/Propane.1.1.5.zip) and I'm not able to reproduce the crash with swiping.

If you're not using that version of Propane, can you try it out and let me know if it improves the situation?

Finally, does it happen every time you 3-finger swipe with Propane focussed, or is it intermittent.

Regards, Trev

2. 2 Posted by mauricio on 22 Sep, 2011 04:17 PM

I installed 1.1.5 and it still crashes for me. It only happens intermittently. I've also had a couple of other applications crash with the 3 finger swipe except those crash consistently. I've attached the crash report (includes versions you asked for).

3. 3 Posted by mauricio on 26 Sep, 2011 02:12 PM

I think I found the cause of this crash. It was being caused by a lingering installation of MultiClutch. After manually removing MultiClutch from /Library/InputManagers/MultiClutchManager the problem has gone away.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by trevor on 26 Sep, 2011 06:07 PM

Hi Mauricio,

I'm really sorry - something must have got awry with my last reply (by email) - because I pretty much immediately commented that the stack-trace showed the crash was in third-party code and not in Propane itself.

I'm glad you figured out the issue without my comment though...

Regards, Trev

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac