find-on-page is case-sensitive

dwood

27 Apr, 2012 05:38 PM

The fact that the search feature for finding text on a transcript page is case-sensitive is really frustrating. I think that it should default to case insensitive or offer a choice. I have been frustrated by this more than once, looking for something on some previous days' transcripts, only to find that the capitalization was not the same as what I had entered in the search box.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by trevor on 27 Apr, 2012 07:26 PM

Hi Dan,

That's really strange because everything related to search (server and in-page) is supposed to be case-insensitive.

First of all, is this local-search (command F) or server-search (command-shift F)?

Are there extended characters involved? It may be that either I or 37signals are getting the unicode equivalence all wrong.

If you could give an example of the target text along with your search term it would help greatly in tracking this down.

Trev

2. 2 Posted by dwood on 27 Apr, 2012 10:50 PM

OK, this is weird -- now the problem doesn't reproduce for me. It had been find on page (command-F) and I was searching 'ico' when the transcript had 'ICO' in it. But now of course it works fine..... Oh well.

3. trevor closed this discussion on 28 Aug, 2013 08:09 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac