Currently Selected Room

Andy Meadows

13 Jun, 2012 07:04 PM

What is the purpose of the "Notify me even for the currently selected room" option? As I understand it, if I am in a room and someone makes post, I should not be notified if this is unchecked. I have one room that is really chatty and others that are not. I'd like to "mute" this one room by keeping it selected, but not get notified unless one of my Message Alerts gets triggered. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work this way. I'm now puzzled as to what this feature actually does.

Thanks!

Andy

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by trevor on 29 Jun, 2012 01:51 AM

Hi Andy,

REALLY sorry for the tardy reply. It would seem that my support system was inundated with spam and started marking legitimate emails as spam too.

The default behavior is that if Propane has focus, then it should not generate any notifications for the room that's currently visible. The rationale is that you already know that Bill said something because you just saw the message: there's no need to alert you about it.

"Notify me even for the currently selected room" is there because some of my colleagues actually like to see the notifications, even when they're actively chatting in that room. I have no idea why they like it :-P

It sounds like what you're after is per-room notification settings.

Select the room in the chat window and then from the "Room" menu, select "Edit Room Notification Settings".

From there, you can set up a completely different set of options.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask (and I should respond faster, now that I'm watching spam like a hawk).

Regards, Trevor

2. 2 Posted by Andy Meadows on 29 Jun, 2012 03:16 PM

Trevor,

Thanks for the excellent feedback. That is EXACTLY what I was looking to
    do and it makes sense. No worries on the tardy reply. I've had similar
    problems. Just glad to hear back from y'all and know that someone had
    already thought of a solution.

Thanks for a great product. We love it!

Take Care,

Andy
    *Andy Meadows* // *512-524-9797**
    http://44Doors.com?2444_rm_id=25.3473753.7 <http://cptr.it/44Doors>

**Monetizing Digital Conversations*

3. trevor closed this discussion on 28 Aug, 2013 08:09 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac