File upload fails under Mountain Lion

kevin

19 Jun, 2012 02:24 PM

Using the latest developer release of Mountain Lion from WWDC and the update shipped after, Propane is not allowing file uploads either from drag and drop or using the Upload File command. There are no console messages associated with this failed action and no error messages displayed. It simply doesn't do anything after a file is selected for upload or dropped in the main window.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by trevor on 19 Jun, 2012 02:34 PM

Morning - what version of Propane are you using?

If you're using anything older than Propane 1.2.2 (an interim version for Safari 5.2 and ML issues) then can you please give it a try?

http://propaneapp.com/appcast/Propane.1.2.2.zip

On the other hand, if this problem is for 1.2.2 then do let me know.

Regards, Trev

2. 2 Posted by kevin on 19 Jun, 2012 02:59 PM

Hi Trev: I wasn't aware of the 1.2.2 release. It works well under MoLo. Thanks!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by trevor on 19 Jun, 2012 03:06 PM

Cool,

I don't want to obviously broadcast about it because of NDA etc. Tho it looks like things have settled down enough that I ought to be able to roll this stuff into a main release now :-P

Trev

4. 4 Posted by kevin on 19 Jun, 2012 04:46 PM

Makes sense to me. I don't expect software to be bug free for unreleased OS versions, even though I've had plenty of customers who feel differently. I'm just thrilled you have it fixed already since Propane is our main app for communication in our company. Thanks!

5. 5 Posted by dwood on 23 Jun, 2012 04:23 AM

Man, Kevin is sure demanding! I'm glad this new version exists. Hopefully you will have a developer-ID-signed version out by the time Mountain Lion hits the streets.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by trevor on 29 Jun, 2012 01:31 AM

Re the devloper-id signed version: indeed.

Biggest issue is getting it set up so that it works on 10.5/10.6 and above, built by my production build system which is Xcode 3.

I don't suppose you guys have any handy tips for that do you? I haven't had any breathing room to even look at it.

Trev

7. 7 Posted by kevin on 29 Jun, 2012 01:36 AM

Trev: Sure, drop 10.5/10.6 support. Developer ID works great in Lion and above. Seriously, just EOL the current release and push out a Gatekeeper version that is Lion or newer.

8. 8 Posted by dwood on 29 Jun, 2012 01:42 AM

Yeah, agreed with Kevin. People on 10.5/10.6 can just download the old version.

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by trevor on 29 Jun, 2012 02:06 AM

You guys are so harsh.

But I guess that's why you get all the girls and fancy cars.

Thanks, Trev

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac