Setting a room topic - not working in 0.9.2

Mark

09 Feb, 2009 04:19 PM

Tried setting a room topic, but it does not work. It's not a refresh issue as the change does not show in a browser either, but a room topic change in a browser shows right away in Propane.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by trevor on 09 Feb, 2009 04:58 PM

Hi Mark,

sorry about this. Does the topic sheet dismiss itself automatically or do you have to hit 'cancel' to make it go away? If you have to hit cancel, there should be an error message beside the button - I'd need to know what that error message was.

Also, what's the text of the topic you're trying to set? I had a problem (now fixed) with image urls but maybe there's something else that makes in choke in ways I didn't predict.

Trev

2. 2 Posted by Mark Henderson on 09 Feb, 2009 05:12 PM

Hi Trevor,

I selected the dialog from the drop down menu. There was no error message and the sheet dismissed itself. After submitting, the topic simply didn't change/update. I was trying to change from "Friday Wrap Up" to "Monday Wrap Up".

Hope that helps?

Mark

3. 3 Posted by Jay Laney on 09 Feb, 2009 06:29 PM

Yeah, this is happening to me as well. It's an intermittent error, but I'm not doing anything differently each time. The room text doesn't seem to matter, either, as repeated efforts with the same text sometimes eventually succeed.

After clicking "save topic", the sheet will show the "updating" message in the bottom left hand corner and then dismiss itself, but neither the room nor the topic in propane's header will be updated.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by trevor on 09 Feb, 2009 06:36 PM

Hi Jay, thanks for joining in with this - it definitely helps.

Okay, after you set the topic and it fails, can you please speak the following message into the offending chat (don't worry, nobody else will see what you type):

/eval $('Title').innerHTML

And then reply back here with the html result that propane spits back at you. Unfortunately you won't be able to use "copy transcript", it'll have to be a straight copy of the html.

Thanks for your help tracking this down guys.

Trev

5. 5 Posted by Jay Laney on 09 Feb, 2009 08:14 PM

Happy to help. Here you go:

Note... edited by trevor to remove the stuff that might be sensitive

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by trevor on 09 Feb, 2009 08:52 PM

Guys,

I am so VERY SORRY.

I can't believe I made such a stupid noob mistake. It's not an intermittent problem at all.

I didn't wire up the input field in the topic dialog properly - it should be updating my underlying model continuously but it isn't.

Which means that If you update the text and then, without using tab or enter, you click on the 'save topic' button then your changes are not recorded. Basically it just sends the original, unchanged, topic.

I'll fix that in the next release, for now you can just hit enter (while the cursor is inside the input box) to save your topic.

Of course, if it doesn't solve the issue then please let me know.

Thanks for your help with this.

Trev

7. trevor closed this discussion on 09 Feb, 2009 08:52 PM.

8. Jay Laney re-opened this discussion on 10 Feb, 2009 05:20 PM

9. 7 Posted by Jay Laney on 10 Feb, 2009 05:20 PM

The workaround works just fine for me. Thanks so much for fixing this!

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac