0.9.8 (0.9.8.006b85f) crashes on 10.6

alex

17 Jul, 2009 03:07 PM

see attached crashlog file

1. 1 Posted by Slava Karpenko on 17 Jul, 2009 04:38 PM

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by trevor on 17 Jul, 2009 04:46 PM

Hi Alex/Slava,

thanks for taking the time to let me know about this.

There's an existing bug report which talks about this and contains a link to a build of 0.9.8 that seems to work well for Snow Leopard.

Please let me know how well that build works for you.

Regards, Trev

3. 3 Posted by Slava Karpenko on 17 Jul, 2009 04:49 PM

Trevor,

You rock -- swift response!

However, I cannot access the discussion linked as it says:

This discussion is private
    If you are "Bryan Veloso", enter your email address to receive the special URL to this discussion.

:)

TIA!

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by trevor on 17 Jul, 2009 04:49 PM

Oops!

I didn't realize that other bug report wasn't publicly viewable. Here's the text:

this is a pig of a bug I'm currently chasing - I can't yet determine if it's ultimately being triggered by proxy settings (specifically with a PAC file) or if it's simply a bug I'm triggering in JSCore.

This thread talks about the issue.

Basically, I inserted a fix to help Campfire's page-height calculations work on Safari 4 systems - and that seems to somehow trigger this crash, but not for everyone.

This version of Propane is identical to the released 0.9.8 except that it doesn't try to fix Campfire's page-height calculations on Safari 4 systems.

Apparently that version works for another person on SL that was seeing this crash.

If you try that version, please let me know how well it works. And do bear in mind that you won't be able to use "View -> Make Text Bigger/Smaller" with that version because Campfire won't properly autoscroll to the bottom as new messages appear.

Again, please let me know how well this build works for you.

Regards, Trev

5. 5 Posted by Slava Karpenko on 17 Jul, 2009 04:53 PM

Dear Trev,

Got the build - so far so good, it didn't crash right after login, which is a good sign. I'll observe how it works over the coming days, too.

It also correctly scrolls down to the newest message (previous build was 0.5 lines behind so I had to manually scroll down every time).

Thanks!

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by trevor on 10 Aug, 2009 10:50 PM

Hey,

if you've been affected by this crasher I'd really appreciate if you could visit this thread and try out the build it references.

If the fix works, I can finally slap a 1.0 on Propane :-)

Thanks, Trev

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Propane_2009-07-17-190644_AlexmakBookPro.crash 26.1 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac