1.0.8 not showing up in sparkle

josh

20 Apr, 2010 04:15 PM

Noticed that there was an update to 1.0.8 via the 37signals product blog, so I tried updating via the in-app updater. It insisted that 1.0.7 was the latest version available. See screenshots.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by trevor on 20 Apr, 2010 04:42 PM

Hi Josh,

I've seen that happen for people behind a proxy and I guess it's also possible that the html cached has been messed-up somehow (even though Sparkle should ignore the cache).

Does Console.app report any messages from Propane or Sparkle complaining about update checking? If so, can you please paste them here.

One way to try and force the issue is to quit from Propane and delete the ~/Library/Caches/com.protocool.Propane/Cache.db file, restart Propane and check for updates it should address the issue.

If it doesn't, you can really brute-force by downloading the latest version from http://propaneapp.com/appcast/Propane.zip - but that won't help the source of the problem, namely that something is stopping Propane from finding the new release - which is why Console.app messages may help.

Regards, Trev

2. 2 Posted by josh on 20 Apr, 2010 04:57 PM

Nothing happening in Console when I do the update. Deleting Cache.db didn't help either.

I have installed 1.0.8 from the link on the homepage, which obviously worked. :)

I am indeed behind a proxy, but I haven't noticed any other apps that use Sparkle (Things, for instance) having problems self-updating.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by trevor on 20 Apr, 2010 05:06 PM

Okay,

that's troubling... 1.0.9 is going to be coming out in the next week or so (to address an autoscrolling bug).

I'll ping you back when it's released to see if the update detects it.

Regards, Trev

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Picture_2.png 31.8 KB
  • Picture_1.png 55.6 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac