Hide Annoying Image should apply to dragged images

John Marstall

09 Jun, 2011 06:55 PM

"Hide Annoying Image" is a great feature (though really it should simply be called "Hide Image" -- sometimes you want to hide images to save space, not b/c you didn't appreciate them) but it only applies to linked images. I expect there's some technical reason for this, but I don't care. I want to be able to hide images dragged from a user's desktop as well.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by trevor on 14 Jun, 2011 04:50 PM

Hi John,

thanks for the feedback. The 'annoying' came about because I needed a way to hide animated gifs posted by colleagues - which is also why I didn't extend it to hiding the previews of uploaded images (previews aren't animated).

I'll add this to the list of future Propane enhancements.

Regards, Trev

2. 2 Posted by John Marstall on 14 Jun, 2011 05:07 PM

Thank you!

3. 3 Posted by David on 24 May, 2012 04:03 PM

+1

Would LOVE this feature to be added.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by trevor on 24 May, 2012 04:57 PM

I haven't officially released that feature yet, but it managed to get snuck into a build that I released for people encountering problems when Safari 5.2 beta was installed:

http://help.propaneapp.com/kb/usage/issues-with-safari-52-beta

Even if you're not using Safari 5.2 that build will work fine and it'll automatically update to the next official release when it comes out.

Regards, Trev

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• dragged-image.png 137 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac