Local Time Zone Support

Matt Tehonica

14 Nov, 2011 02:54 PM

It would be nice to localize the timestamp in Propane. 37s has support for this in the API and other Campfire apps do this. With a chat room full of people from all over, it would be nice for everyone to see their local timestamps!

http://developer.37signals.com/campfire/account

Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by Matt Tehonica on 14 Nov, 2011 02:56 PM

The more I look at that link, I think it might only provide the time zone that the admin has set for the room. Still.... other apps do it so maybe they are grabbing the Mac OS X timezone and using that to adjust timestamps?

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by trevor on 14 Nov, 2011 05:59 PM

Hi Matt,

Propane1 is architected as a site-specific browser (it doesn't use the Campfire API) so it displays timestamps exactly as seen on the Campfire website.

Being a site-specific browser is a double edged sword - it gives Propane full access to all Campfire features (such as historic transcripts) but it makes other features such as localized timestamps much more troublesome.

Propane2 (in development) is an API client so it will have localized times. Once I have feature parity with Propane1 I'll be issuing a beta for people to try it out.

Regards, Trevor

3. 3 Posted by Matt Tehonica on 14 Nov, 2011 06:06 PM

Awesome, great to hear and great response time for support :)

I'd be interested in beta testing for you even if it's not feature complete yet. I use Propane almost all day and love it. I'm sure you can see my email address on here if you have a need for someone to do some testing.

Thanks!

4. 4 Posted by Adarsh on 20 Aug, 2012 09:15 PM

+1 for this feature.

5. 5 Posted by lbernstein on 13 Dec, 2012 10:31 PM

+2

6. trevor closed this discussion on 28 Aug, 2013 08:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac