Disabling enter/leave room messages in chat

Kyle Turner

07 Nov, 2012 02:21 PM

Hello,

I find myself and members on my team leaving Campfire open, and it ends up flooding the room with "Kyle has left the room", "Kyle has entered the room" messages while we are away.

I would love a way in settings to turn of these messages from displaying so it doesn't flood our chat rooms. I asked 37Signals if they supported this feature and unfortunately they do not. So it would need to be something a third-party app supports. I know there are other Campfire chat clients out there that support this feature.

Please bring this to Propane! I love Propane and don't want to have to switch my whole team from using it just because of this silly issue.

Thank you!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by trevor on 09 Nov, 2012 03:39 AM

Kyle,

Are you talking about "Hide Enter/Leave Messages" which is the first preference visible on Propane's preferences sheet (and toggled via "View" menu option with command-shift-h as the hotkey)?

Or are you talking about something else?

Trevor

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac