Chat without the clutter

Wes Turner

29 Mar, 2013 04:37 PM

Here's the screenshot mockup for reference.

1. 1 Posted by Wes Turner on 29 Mar, 2013 04:37 PM

Here's the screenshot mockup for reference.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by trevor on 29 Mar, 2013 04:43 PM

Hi Wes,

I don't see any other message that goes along with your mockup but I know what you're getting at and that's very similar to how P2 is laid out.

The main difference I can see though is that (I think) you're still displaying the tab bar at the same time as the left-side panel. Is that right? And if so, what's the rationale behind it?

Trev

3. 3 Posted by Wes Turner on 29 Mar, 2013 05:56 PM

Hi Trevor,

I had an entire message marked up and I don't see where it went. In any case, I was describing how we use Campfire for multiple projects at our company and we use the Propane app for mac to facilitate those campfire projects/sites.

The only aspect of the program that made things cumbersome was switching between other chat/project rooms that weren't already opened or created, this being the rationale for having the left-side panel open, which could be closed or hidden via the view menu. Based on the previously attached mockup, the following feature requests to the app layout would include:

• Combining the "chat lobby" window with the chat windows as the default and first tab so that the app is limited to this single window--keeping in line with one of the features listed on the propane web page, "Chat without the clutter."
    • Subsequent chat windows, which can be selected from the lobby side-panel slide-out menu, will open in new tabs adjacent to the main lobby tab.
  4. trevor closed this discussion on 28 Aug, 2013 08:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac