request: "first message" notification

Ben Clark

11 Jun, 2013 03:53 PM

It gets too distracting to leave the "message spoken" notification sound enabled, however being notified when my name is spoken isn't really enough either. Here's the scenario:

Our campfire may go a while with no new messages, then there may be a flurry of activity. I want to be aware there is a discussion going on in campfire, but I don't need to know about every new message. What I want to know is "has there been a new message in campfire since the last time I looked?" In other words, I'd like a notification for the first message spoken since propane last had focus.

In particular I find myself wanting this feature when I make a comment in campfire, don't get a response immediately, and switch to something else. If a few seconds later there is a message in campfire it would be nice to know about it (and yet, I still don't want a sound every time there is a new message).

You've already got the counter needed for this in the badge icon, the pseudo-code for this first message feature could be:
 on new message, if badge icon counter is not set (or 0), play "first message" sound.

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by trevor on 28 Aug, 2013 08:41 PM

Ben,

Your message was buried in 6500 spam messages that I'm slowly working through. Sorry for the lack of response.

This is a tremendous idea, thanks for telling me about it.

Trev

2. trevor closed this discussion on 28 Aug, 2013 08:41 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac